Sunday, February 23, 2014

The end of Kiev (Day 7), and onto Barcelona (Day 1)




Friday marked the virtual end of our long stay in Kiev. Lots of stuff was accomplished here in a short of amount of time. Our show, Uncommon Rhythm shot about 20 hours worth of footage. For my short film, The Assignment, we shot about an hour worth of footage.





Friday was fun. We went back up to St. Andrews, and took photos. Brian was able to get souvenirs. I purchased some as well for Jordan and his mom. Also we went to the Lviv chocolate Factory and talk about amazing. Like whoa. Pretty sure I got a cavity. 
 
Inadvertently we walked to St. Michaels. I can’t lie and say I was happy about it. That’s where the revolution is housing bodies from the revolution. Men in masks watched as we walked by. Being honest, I don’t think that the group would stand out as much if I weren’t with them. The moment the members of the revolution saw me, their heads turned. Nothing happened, but still. Either way, we should’ve went back the way we came instead of the other way, I was very uncomfortable being down that way. 


The night was chill. We went to a British Pub called “The British Bulldog.” The food was good. 


Kiev seems to be back to normal, per se. Everything was business as usual Friday and Saturday morning.


Saturday we got up and filmed more scenes for my movie. Then, our Ukranian guide Dasha came over and she brought us Kiev Cake. So damn amazing. It was like a flavorful burst of food in your mouth. We packed and headed to the airport. That was an adventure in itself.

As we arrived at the airport, there were protestors who wouldn’t let you pass without showing your passport. Thankfully we were in a car and showed it through the window. Also, I was filming on my camera so I have it all on tape. It was kind of surreal. The airport is small, at least the other one we flew into was bigger. This one was small for commercial flights.


Might I suggest, if you can avoid WIZZ air, avoid WIZZ Air. I’ll tell you why. Know how Southwest does their cattle call? Which is a little more organized. WIZZ Air does that, except you have to go through the gate, down to a bus, taxied over to a bus and then it’s a free for all. Oh man. It was a scene.

Then people are just dumb. People getting up during takeoff. One guy in my row got up like 5 times in the first 10 minutes of the flight. I mean, I wanted to beat him with my iPad. Then when we landed some dummy got up as the wheels hit the ground and was getting his jacket.  Customs wasn’t that bad, but again, another unorganized cluster of crap. 


I am happy to be in Barcelona. It’s a beautiful country. I am very fortunate because this time a year ago, I was in a job that I hated so much, and now in the last year I have been around the world. Literally. I have looked at the places I have been and since May last year, I have been on about 100,000 miles worth of trips.

One thing I really don’t like…highly opinionated people. Honestly, shut up. No one cares. Really. Your opinion is your own, doesn’t mean you have to share it with the world. 

It is beautiful here on Barcelona. We did a photoshoot with the cast today in Park Guell and saw some of the city. Loved it. 


The rain in Spain falls gently on the plain, so I hear,  I just hope I don't see any of that rain while we are here.

1 comment:

  1. It falls MAINLY on the plain! Though gently is not bad!

    ReplyDelete