Thursday, February 20, 2014

Ukraine from the inside Days 5 and 6

Hello All!

First off, thanks for all the concern. I can assure you all, we are safe. We appreciate the concern, but we are fine. The "leave now" comments, although helpful, won't do much for us. The flights we need really only leave two days per week and we missed the first one so we are leaving on schedule.




What has it been like the last two days? It's been fine for us. Business as usual. We've been out filming our TV show. We've been to the mall a countless amount of times. It's an unusual mall. Like 5 levels. The basement is a grocery store. We've really sat around and just enjoyed each others company. Also anyone that falls asleep early, we mess with them. So hard. 




I've even started giving nicknames. If I give you a nickname, there's a good chance that I actually like you.

Sidenote: We are traveling with Pebbles from the Flintstones movie. You should know how giddy this made me when I first found out.


One of the dancers Jonathan purchased not one, but two pairs of women dance pants. Although he didn't realize it. It was pretty hilarious. The girls at the counter, didn't speak English, but they were laughing their asses off at him. It was amazing.

We all cooked dinner at the house, which was great. And the best part, we all bonded over my favorite show, Friends. We watched Season 2. There was a truce here, so things have been relatively calm.

Thursday we all woke up and went outside and shot intros today. Showing different parts of the city. Then we learned the truce was over, so we headed back to our apartment and did rehearsal. We tried to go to the mall, but everything here is closed. So we hit the grocery store and headed back home.

On the way we saw cars loading tires, presumably to head to the square, which let me reiterate, is several miles away. 


The gas lines are really long as well. 

We have talked to the Embassy and we are fine. They know our location. We have one day left here before heading to the airport Saturday morning for Spain.

I am still shooting my movie here, the Assignment. Since we are doing multiple trips this year, we are doing multiple movies in different countries. This first one, I am the main spy in Ukraine, Spain, and Austria. I am enjoying being in front of the camera.

Overall, I am enjoying this experience. I can say that I am not scared or fearful. A year ago I sat in a job where I thought I would literally die of boredom, and now I'm living a life where I am traveling the world and experiencing new cultures and witnessing history. Yes, this is history. I am enjoying it. For those that speculate what the uprising is about, and I have seen a few, it's not about religion. It is about corruption.  Sadly so many people have died and or been injured, and I wish it could be solved peacefully. I pray for those on both sides to come to a peaceful resolution soon.


So know that we are safe. We are all sitting here ignoring each other and typing away on our computers and iPhones and trying to assure you all that we are safe. I am seriously enjoying myself. Also, I get iMessage on my wifi for those that have my number, it's just that sometimes it is spotty and it doesn't come through.

Thank you all for worrying about me, I appreciate it. I am safe, and away from danger and looking forward to many more adventures around the globe. Love your, and I just touched your butt in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment